Look what my children surprised me with for lunch today! It was absolutely SENSATIONAL! I think they are ready to use our summer vegetables and couldn’t pass up this colorful, scrumptious combination!
[recipe title=”Sensational Tuna Salad” servings=”4-6″ time=”approx 15 min” difficulty=”super easy” image= description=”Sensational, super easy tuna salad.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
The weather has turned brisk which calls for warm delicious snacks. We had some kohlrabi that I needed to do something with so a quick search on pinterest and thus the inspiration for our afternoon snack!
[recipe title=”Spectacular Kohlrabi & Beef Vegetable Medley Quiche” servings=”4-6″ time=”approx 1 1/2 hour” difficulty=”easy” image=” description=”Spectacular combination for those brisk winter days.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
Cold weather necessitates making some hearty, warming chili!!! We have been loving the celeraic so much I thought I would attempt a different twist – well according to the kiddos it turned out to be SENSATIONAL!!! (I have to agree with them 🙂
Credit: The Functional Perspective
[recipe title=”Ch-ch-chili, Celeraic Style” servings=”3-4″ time=”1 1/2 – 2 hrs” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”Hearty, satisfying heart warming chili!”]
There is nothing like a warm breakfast that is filled with scrumptious flavors!!!
[recipe title=”Super Easy Flourless Banana Pancakes” servings=”1-2″ time=”15-20 min” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”Super yummy grain-free, flourless banana pancakes”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
We really enjoyed the Celeriac Creamy (or Not) soup that I made last week and decided to try our hand at another celeriac combination! So, I looked in our refrigerator to see what I could throw together and thus I present:
[recipe title=”Celeriac Surprise Soup” servings=”4-6″ time=”2hr 30mins” difficulty=”easy” image=” description=”Tasty combination of celeriac, leeks, asparagus and mushrooms.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
[/recipe-notes] [recipe-ingredients] – 1 Celeriac Root
– 10-12 stalks of Asparagus
– 1 small Leek
– 5 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms
– 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan or Real Salt)
– 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
– 1 TB of Olive Oil
– 6 cups Water
– Optional: 1-2 cups homemade beef or chicken broth (I used some beef broth, a little over a cup)
– Optional garnishes: Spoonful of Chilled Coconut Milk, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Parsley or other Herbs
[/recipe-ingredients] [recipe-directions] 1. Rinse, peel and chop Celeriac
2. Melt oils, on medium heat, in large stock pot and add Celeriac
3. While Celeriac is sauteing rinse and chop Leek, Asparagus and mushrooms. Occasionally stirring Celeriac.
4. Add Leeks, Asparagus and Mushrooms. Saute and stir about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add water and bring to a boil. Then cover and turn down to a low boil/simmer for about 2 hours
6. After almost two hours add optional broth and simmer another 10 minutes
7. Garnish with spoonful of coconut milk, parsley, pumpkin seeds or other favorite garnishes!
8. TIPS – I will often add a cup or two of beef or chicken broth during the remaining 10 min – especially the broth that is saved from a roast.
Yet one more delicious item from my Azure Standard order… We have two cases and my darling husband came up with this recipe!
[recipe title=”‘Pearfectly’ Steamed Cinnamon Pears” servings=”2″ time=”10-15 min” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”‘Pearfect’ blend of cinnamon with delectable pears.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
Today was a very busy day! Which is one of the reasons I love this dish so much. It is super easy, no prep needed and provides us a way to get in those much needed omega-3s!
[recipe title=”Easy Peasy Skillet Salmon w/Lemon & Butter Sauce” servings=”4″ time=”approx 20 min” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”Savory Salmon with just the right amount of zesty lemon.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
This week has been filled with a variety of foods. Leeks were one more of the exciting foods which arrived in my recent AzureStandard order. And, once again, my search for a recipe began. I came across this one at The Tasting Table which fit the bill for something unique to make. As usual I made a few changes and the results were delicious!
[recipe title=”Leek & Spinach Egg Bake” servings=”3″ time=”approx 1 hour” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”A tasty combination of fall flavors.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective