This week has been filled with a variety of foods. Leeks were one more of the exciting foods which arrived in my recent AzureStandard order. And, once again, my search for a recipe began. I came across this one at The Tasting Table which fit the bill for something unique to make. As usual I made a few changes and the results were delicious!
Leek & Spinach Egg Bake
A tasty combination of fall flavors.
- 3 Leeks
- 5-6 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 small Kale leaf
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt (I use Himilayan or Real Salt)
- 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
- 2 TB of Olive Oil
- Parsley (Optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Rinse and slice Leeks
- Melt Butter & Oil in stock pot, add in Leeks.
- Lightly saute while chopping up Spinach, Garlic, Kale and Salt
- Add Spinach & Garlic, continue to saute about 3-4 min
- Add Coconut Milk and stir for 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into individual large ramekins. Place filled ramekins on a baking sheet. Make a small indentation in the center for egg. Be careful to not break the yolk when cracking the egg.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes – until the egg whites are done and egg yolk still soft.
- Garnish with parsley, or other favorite herbs and enjoy!
- TIPS – I purchase big containers of fresh baby spinach and put the container directly in the freezer. The spinach freezes without sticking together and is very easy to crumble when I am ready to use it.
- I will often add a cup or two of beef or chicken broth during the remaining 10