Protocols for thermal imaging
Revision 1.2 - November 2021
Thermal imaging is a heat sensitive test. Anything that creates heat should be avoided prior to testing.
Excessive metabolic activity, friction, or any of the activities listed below which will alter heat readings.
1 Month Prior:
● No minor breast surgery, i.e. biopsy
● We may still perform testing after biopsy. Write this in your intake form.
1 Week Prior:
● Be cautious of too much sun exposure in order to avoid sunburn.
● Scans will have to be rescheduled if the patient has a sunburn of any sort.
48 Hours Prior:
● For best results, men should shave facial hair and excessive back hair.
● Avoid all tanning and limit sun exposure.
24 Hours Prior:
● Avoid chiropractic care, massage therapy, or acupuncture.
● No saunas, steam baths, hot tubs, heating pads, or hot water bottles.
● No analgesic creams or balms.
● Do not shave underarms (should be done prior).
● Please reschedule if you are feeling feverish or ill in any way.
● Refrain from sexual activity.
Day of Exam:
● Do not use creams, lotions, cosmetics, ointments, deodorant, antiperspirants, powders or any
other skin product.
● Please bring a hair tie to remove hair from your forehead and back of neck.
● Remove all piercings and jewelry prior to exam, unless unable to.
4 hours prior:
● Women - do not wear a bra for the 4 hours leading up to the exam
● Avoid hot showers or shaving
● Avoid physical therapy or exercise
● No coffee, tea, soda, or other beverages containing caffeine. No alcoholic beverages
● Do not smoke cigarettes or use any product which contains nicotine
● Do not use a seat warmer
2 hours prior:
● Avoid hot or cold liquids
● Avoid eating or chewing gum
● Avoid using a cell phone to ear. You can still text, use the speaker, and GPS
● Do not use a smart watch.
Prior to and During Exam:
● Please inform us if you have a hot flash during the session
● Try to relax prior to and during the exam. Stress will affect your exam
Paying it Forward - Breast Screening Program
The United Breast Cancer Foundation program offers grants to individuals (both men and women) for the opportunity of getting a low to no-cost breast screening of their choice.
We donate a portion of every thermography screening to UBCF
After 4 miscarriages then her oldest child being diagnosed with a life-long autoimmune condition she went head first into functional and natural approaches to health.
Her mission has become sharing the information she has learned to heal her child from his many chronic illnesses to empower others so they too can regain their health.
Looking to connect with someone who "gets it"?
The philosophy at The Functional Perspective is... look not for someone to solve your problems, rather,
someone who will face them along side of you
Book a complimentary call if you are ready for a wellness partner who has been in your shoes and ready to guide and support you in regaining your vitality!
1329 N. University Drive
Nacogdoches, TX 75961
Additional East Texas locations in: Longview, TX and Lufkin, TX as well as Denver, Colorado | Florida | Indianapolis, Indiana | Montana | Akron, Ohio
This site offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. The contents of this website have not been evaluated by the FDA nor approved by any other government or official body. Nothing offered online or offline is intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or disorder of any kind.Developments in medical research may impact the health, fitness and nutritional advice that appears here. No assurance can be given that the advice contained in this site will always include the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular material. If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately. Certain health or medical material on this site may be sexually explicit. Please do not use this site if you would find these materials offensive.
© 2021 The Functional Perspective, LLC • Functional Health Mama