Celeriac Surprise Soup
We really enjoyed the Celeriac Creamy (or Not) soup that I made last week and decided to try our hand at another celeriac combination! So, I looked in our refrigerator to see what I could throw together and thus I present:
[recipe title=”Celeriac Surprise Soup” servings=”4-6″ time=”2hr 30mins” difficulty=”easy” image=” description=”Tasty combination of celeriac, leeks, asparagus and mushrooms.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
[/recipe-notes] [recipe-ingredients] – 1 Celeriac Root
– 10-12 stalks of Asparagus
– 1 small Leek
– 5 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms
– 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan or Real Salt)
– 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
– 1 TB of Olive Oil
– 6 cups Water
– Optional: 1-2 cups homemade beef or chicken broth (I used some beef broth, a little over a cup)
– Optional garnishes: Spoonful of Chilled Coconut Milk, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Parsley or other Herbs
[/recipe-ingredients] [recipe-directions] 1. Rinse, peel and chop Celeriac
2. Melt oils, on medium heat, in large stock pot and add Celeriac
3. While Celeriac is sauteing rinse and chop Leek, Asparagus and mushrooms. Occasionally stirring Celeriac.
4. Add Leeks, Asparagus and Mushrooms. Saute and stir about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add water and bring to a boil. Then cover and turn down to a low boil/simmer for about 2 hours
6. After almost two hours add optional broth and simmer another 10 minutes
7. Garnish with spoonful of coconut milk, parsley, pumpkin seeds or other favorite garnishes!
8. TIPS – I will often add a cup or two of beef or chicken broth during the remaining 10 min – especially the broth that is saved from a roast.