Ch-ch-chili, celeriac style[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text]
Cold weather necessitates making some hearty, warming chili!!! We have been loving the celeraic so much I thought I would attempt a different twist – well according to the kiddos it turned out to be SENSATIONAL!!! (I have to agree with them 🙂
Ch-ch-chili, Celeraic Style
Hearty, satisfying heart warming chili!
- 1 lb ground meat(I used grass-fed beef)
- 1 medium Celeriac (chopped/cubed)
- 3 stalks of Celery
- 1 large can of Chilis
- 1/2 c. chopped Onion
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 3 cloves Garlic, mashed and diced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1 TB Butter or olive oil
- 4 C. Water
- 1 C. Beef Broth
- Peel and chop Celeriac – saute in butter(or oil) in large pot while preparing the rest of veggies.
- Rinse and chop Celery, dice up onion – add to the Celeriac, saute for about 3-4 more minutes
- Peel and mash, dice Garlic. Empty veggie contents into a bowl and set aside while preparing the meat. Add Garlic, spices and salt with Meat to the pot and cook until the meat is done.
- Add veggies back to the pot with the meat. Stir well then add water and broth – cook for approx 90 minutes. Then ENJOY!
- TIPS: This can be made with a variety of ground meat.