Leek & Spinach Egg Bake
This week has been filled with a variety of foods. Leeks were one more of the exciting foods which arrived in my recent AzureStandard order. And, once again, my search for a recipe began. I came across this one at The Tasting Table which fit the bill for something unique to make. As usual I made a few changes and the results were delicious!
[recipe title=”Leek & Spinach Egg Bake” servings=”3″ time=”approx 1 hour” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”A tasty combination of fall flavors.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
[/recipe-notes] [recipe-ingredients] – 3 Leeks
– 5-6 cups Baby Spinach
– 2 Cloves Garlic
– 1 small Kale leaf
– ¼ cup Coconut Milk
– 3 Eggs
– 1/2 tsp salt (I use Himilayan or Real Salt)
– 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
– 2 TB of Olive Oil
– Parsley (Optional garnish) [/recipe-ingredients] [recipe-directions] 1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Rinse and slice Leeks
3. Melt Butter & Oil in stock pot, add in Leeks.
4. Lightly saute while chopping up Spinach, Garlic, Kale and Salt
5. Add Spinach & Garlic, continue to saute about 3-4 min
6. Add Coconut Milk and stir for 1 minute.
7. Spoon mixture into individual large ramekins. Place filled ramekins on a baking sheet. Make a small indentation in the center for egg. Be careful to not break the yolk when cracking the egg.
9. Place in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes – until the egg whites are done and egg yolk still soft.
10. Garnish with parsley, or other favorite herbs and enjoy!
9. TIPS – I purchase big containers of fresh baby spinach and put the container directly in the freezer. The spinach freezes without sticking together and is very easy to crumble when I am ready to use it.
10. I will often add a cup or two of beef or chicken broth during the remaining 10