Scrumptious Leek & Spinach Stew
If you saw my post yesterday we made a fabulous leek dish which proved to be a hit with the family! I had a few more leeks and decided to see what I could come up with in the soup department… So with a few modifications I present Leek & Spinach Stew
[recipe title=”Scrumptious Leek & Spinach Stew” servings=”3″ time=”approx 1 hour” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”Flavor packed soup that warms the tummy and satisfies the taste buds.”] [recipe-notes] Credit: The Functional Perspective
[/recipe-notes] [recipe-ingredients] – 3 Large Leeks
– 3-4 cups Baby Spinach
– 3 Cloves Garlic
– 1 tsp salt (I use Pink Himalayan or Real Salt)
– 3-4 cups Broth (I used homemade beef 3 cups plus 1-2 cups of water)
– 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
– 2 TB of Olive Oil
– Optional garnishes: Parsley, Yogurt spice blend(Parsley, Oregano, Marjoram and Salt) [/recipe-ingredients] [recipe-directions] 1. Rinse and slice Leeks
2. Melt Butter & Oil in stock pot, add in Leeks.
3. Lightly saute while chopping up Spinach and Garlic
4. Add Spinach, Garlic and Salt – continue to saute about 3-4 min
5. Add broth, bring to boil then simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes
6. Serve as is or garish individual servings with spices of choice or plain yogurt with spices.
7. TIPS – I purchase big containers of fresh baby spinach and put the container directly in the freezer. The spinach freezes without sticking together and is very easy to crumble when I am ready to use it.